If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (919) 790-1222

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Another Kitchen Fire in Raleigh

The most common room for fires in a Raleigh home is the kitchen. This grease fire started in the frying pan and spread to a hanging hand towel. Fortunately, the cooking was not left unattended, and the fire was quickly extinguished with several cupfuls of baking soda. The issue was the smoke odor and the sooty, oily residue that attached to the popcorn ceiling and the cabinets. Our SERVPRO FST fire and smoke restoration technicians followed protocols and wiped down the surfaces with special sponges, and for the ceiling, wet sponges with detergents. The kitchen was sealed from the remainder of the house to prevent the odorous particulates from circulating to unaffected areas of the home. We set up an air scrubber and several hydroxyl generators as we worked to help improve the indoor air quality. The After Photo shows a cleaned kitchen, though a fresh coat of ceiling paint was needed. Count on us to do it right, the first time.