A Few Tips on Candle Safety in Your Home
Candles have been a mainstay of homes in the U.S. for hundreds of years. Until recently, nearly every home in the nation had at least a few candles stashed away in a cupboard or drawer somewhere. Is the candle era over? The answer is... maybe. The risk of a candle fire in Crabtree, NC, has convinced many people that there are better options than having an open flame in the house. New technology has given rise to tiny, yet bright flashlights and of course everyone has a mobile phone. Nonetheless, the appeal of candlelight still speaks to some, whether it is on a holiday or during a relaxing bath, so candles aren't likely to completely disappear.
The Need for Safety
A candle fire in a home is a scary event and should be avoided at all costs. For those who insist on using a candle, the following precautions should be used at all times:
- Never leave a candle unattended
- Do not allow a child to use a candle without supervision
- Never place a candle near curtains or highly flammable objects
- Always make sure the candle is in a secure holder
- Do not allow pets near candles
For those who crave the calming glow of a candle, a few alternatives exist that mimic the flickering of candlelight. Small lamps set in windows or along the bathroom counter top come in both battery and electric-powered models.
The Necessity for Fire Cleanup
If a candle fire does get out of control, a fire remediation team can respond quickly and lead the way to recovery. Fire and smoke cleanup can restore a home to its original condition. Trained technicians will use the latest technology to clear away soot and smoke damage and to remove the effects of water and chemicals from fire fighting. Smoke odors can also be removed with the proper methods. Professional fire cleanup is a necessary step after a home fire.