How Can Being Prepared Save Your Raleigh Business After Water Damage?
SERVPRO Helps Raleigh Businesses Prepare For Water Damage
Business owners in Raleigh are keen to keep their companies thriving and profitable, no matter what is happening in the world.
Did you know that up to 50% of businesses don’t reopen after suffering a disaster such as water damage? Raleigh business owners need not panic, though – help is at hand. Being prepared for an emergency makes it much more likely that your business will recover.
How Does Being Ready Help Your Business Survive?
In the event of water damage in Raleigh, time is of the essence. When you are responding to a water problem, every second counts, the faster you can start the mitigation and restoration process, the quicker you can get your business up and running again. SERVPRO recommends that your preparedness plan should include:
• Emergency contact details for all staff
• A clear plan of action in the event of water damage
• A list of valve shut-offs, high-risk areas, and assembly points
• A list of who to call in a disaster situation
• A note of the chain of command
What’s The Best Way To Start Preparations?
The best way to start your disaster preparations is the SERVPRO Emergency Ready Plan (ERP). An Emergency Ready Plan gives you a master document of steps to take, and necessary facility and contact details. It’s on hand as soon as water damage occurs, which means you don’t lose a second of valuable time. The process is so easy:
• Plan a no-cost facility walkthrough to gather information for the ERP
• Download the Ready Plan app
• Create your free profile
• Walkthrough your business and fill out all the information the app requires
• Take pictures to supplement the information you capture
When you have all the information, you simply log in to the ERP program on a computer or laptop to create your business profile. In the event of water damage, log in to your profile to get all the information you need to start the damage mitigation process. You can also call us direct for further assistance.
Don’t let water damage take you by surprise – start preparing today. For help or advice, call SERVPRO of North Raleigh & Wake Forest at (919) 790-1222.