Seeking Raleigh Home Fire Damage Restoration Services?
After a fire incident takes place. You can trust that your home is in good hands with the experienced technicians at SERVPRO.
SERVPRO Techs Save Raleigh Homes Affected by Fire
Kitchen fires, which account for 44% of overall home fires, are among the least reported. This problem is exacerbated by how thoroughly soot affects surfaces by imbuing them with tough-to-remove stains and odors.
SERVPRO technicians can respond to Raleigh homeowners' fire damage restoration calls within hours of their call. Technicians use sophisticated tools, EPA-registered antimicrobials, and a scientific approach to ensure that homes are restored per Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) standards.
How pH Factors into Fire Damage Cleanup
While lighter damages can be manually cleaned with dry cleaning sponges or HEPA filter vacuums, technicians must take pH levels into account when treating moderate to heavy fire damage stains and residues.
- Most cleaning agents used are alkaline, meaning their pH is higher than 7. This includes household items like dish soap (pH 9) and baking soda (pH 10)
- The neutral pH level is 7, the same as water
- Alkalinity is neutralized by an equal amount of acidity and vice-versa when cleaning
Call SERVPRO of North Raleigh & Wake Forest for home fire damage restoration at (919) 790-1222.
How Can Raleigh Homeowners Remove Water Damage?
Water can quickly damage the flooring in your home. Contact SERVPRO for water removal and remediation efforts.
SERVPRO Offers Premier Service Among Water Restoration Companies
Homes across America experience copious amounts of water damage each year, and pipe leaks and appliance failures can add to any homeowner’s stresses. Unfortunately, an estimated one in 50 homeowners experiences the stress of home water damage each year.
Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) -accredited Raleigh water restoration companies like SERVPRO respond quickly to disasters 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
How Do SERVPRO Techs Restore Wet Carpet and Pad?
SERVPRO professionals implement various tools and techniques to restore a home’s carpeting. These include:
- Lifting carpet and pad so that air movement and dehumidification equipment can dry underneath it
- Extracting moisture with carpet wands and rover vacuums
- Controlling odors with EPA-registered antimicrobial solutions
Unsalvageable carpet can be removed from the property with the permission of homeowners and insurance adjusters. SERVPRO technicians can reinstall and re-seam both new and restored carpet and pad or provide a new pad for salvageable carpet.
Call (919) 790-1222 for service from SERVPRO of North Raleigh & Wake Forest, which numbers among the area’s premier water restoration companies.
Need Fast Turnaround from Mold Removal Companies?
Don't let mold take over your property, Call in the professionals at SERVPRO at (919) 790-1222.
Restoration Technicians Remove Mold from Wake Forest Homes
Wake Forest, North Carolina, is home to one of the fastest-growing communities in the United States, with the population increasing from 30,000 in 2010 to over 45,000 as of 2019. This locale is considered part of the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill statistical area, which houses almost 2 million residents.
This bustling town, incorporated in 1880, is also home to several places listed on the National Register for Historic Places, including:
- The DuBois Center, formerly the W.E.B DuBois School
- Lea Laboratory
- Wakefield Dairy Complex
- Glen Royall Mill Village Historic District
- The Calvin Jones Historical House, also known as the Wake Forest Historical Museum
Education in Wake Forest: 1834-Present
Wake Forest’s early years as a community are filled with the establishment of schools, colleges, and universities, including the Wake Forest University located at the Reynolda Campus in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
Here is a brief look at Wake Forest’s earliest educational accolades:
- In 1832, the North Carolina Committee on Education procured Dr. Calvin Jones’ 600-acre plantation with the intent to build the Wake Forest Institute, a Baptist college focused on providing affordable education and expanding youth access to knowledge about agriculture and science
- Wake Forest was home to two primary literary societies in the mid-1830s: the Euzelians and the Philomathesians. These two groups trained members in forensics, diplomacy, and literacy
- The Wake Forest Manual Labor Institute initially focused on teaching agricultural science to students. Attendees were required to perform three hours of manual labor per day in exchange for an education. This arrangement proved beneficial for both the school and the students in that tuition costs remained low while the university could expand. This institute was rechartered as the Wake Forest College in 1838
Wake Forest College’s first graduating class received their diplomas in 1839, with William Tell Brooks being among the first to receive his degree. More infrastructure was built around the college, including the College Hotel in 1850. During the Civil War, the college was closed.
How Does SERVPRO Availability Preserve Wake Forest Homes?
SERVPRO teams offer round-the-clock availability, which includes late nights, weekends, and holidays. As a result, when Wake Forest homeowners need mold removal companies, they can get necessary services more quickly. This commitment to continuous service can minimize damage to residents’ property, which can lower repair and replacement costs.
Why does mold damage require a fast response?
- Mold means moisture is present. Mold proliferation indicates the presence of water damage or some other moisture source on your property
- Mold damages possessions over time. Mold requires moisture, adequate temperatures, and organic material to sustain itself, and SERVPRO techs can eliminate this with EPA-registered biocides
- Mold affects indoor air quality. Not only is mold unpleasant to smell, but it can spread through your home’s HVAC system. SERVPRO teams are trained to clean and service home ventilation to remediate microbial growth
SERVPRO of North Raleigh & Wake Forest offers a fast-responding service among mold removal companies for homeowners who call (919) 790-1222.
How Thermography Helps with Storm and Water Damage in Raleigh
SERVPRO trained technicians are ready for any size disaster that comes your way.
Using infrared cameras during restoration in your home
One of the most essential parts of storm and water damage restoration is assessing the level of water damage. It is impossible to do this by look and touch alone.
When our technicians arrive to remedy storm and water damage in Raleigh, they bring many kinds of equipment with them. One useful bit of kit is the infrared camera. An infrared camera displays areas of heat and cold. When water evaporates from a surface, the surface cools. That means that dry areas show up warmer than wet ones when viewing through an infrared camera.
There are several advantages to using thermography to inspect your home after water damage:
- We can inspect a larger area in less time – this is especially helpful when dealing with extensive storm damage.
- We can examine challenging to reach areas such as high ceilings.
- Infrared cameras cause no damage as we do not need to penetrate the wall or ceiling's surface.
Thermography helps us build a clear picture of the water damage situation to decide on the next best steps.
For help with storm or water damage, call SERVPRO of North Raleigh & Wake Forest at (919) 790-1222.
Dealing with Odors after Fire Damage in North Hills Stores
SERVPRO technicians are IICRC certified for all size fire damages done to your property. Call fast for immediate service.
SERVPRO keeps your North Hills premises smelling fresh
Any business owner who has suffered a fire in their store knows that dealing with leftover smells is one of the most challenging parts of remediation. Smoke smells can linger for a long time after the blaze is extinguished.
SERVPRO understands that fire damage smells in North Hills are not welcoming for customers or staff. That is why we take care of deodorization as part of our remediation process.
Many factors affect the intensity of odors, such as the fire's temperature, the type of material burned in it, and damaged surfaces' porosity. The steps for proper deodorization include:
- Removing the source of the odor, such as removing charred materials from your premises.
- Cleaning smoke-damaged surfaces by wiping and scrubbing away soot.
- Using deodorizing equipment such as foggers, air scrubbers, spot cleaning spray, and odor removing pellets to trap bad smells.
- Sealing surfaces if necessary.
We aim to leave your store smelling as fresh as if the fire never even happened.
For help with fire damage, call SERVPRO of North Raleigh & Wake Forest at (919) 790-1222.
Help for Flood Water Removal in Raleigh
Flood water removal is no easy task. Call the professionals at SERVPRO for the water mitigation services needed for your home.
SERVPRO can handle Raleigh floods
Raleigh is a great place to enjoy some fresh air and exercise. This charming North Carolina city has a population of 474,069 and is home to several large companies (including Lulu), research institutes, and higher education institutions. Raleigh was number 1 on the Forbes 2015 list of the best places for business and career.
Raleigh’s bustling size and wealth of educational and career opportunities are great reasons to live or visit here. And you will never be short of open spaces to enjoy when you need a break from all that thinking or shopping!
Enjoy the outdoors in Raleigh.
The Parks and Recreation Department in Raleigh offers a wealth of outdoor locations to enjoy, including:
- Eight thousand one hundred acres of parkland that includes five public lakes.
- Seventy-eight miles of the greenway to explore.
- A championship level BMX race track.
- One hundred twelve tennis courts and eight public aquatic facilities.
The city is also home to the JC Raulston Arboretum. This wonderful outdoor space belongs to the North Carolina State University and is free to visit for both residents and visitors. You can explore several beautiful themed gardens and see plants and trees from over 50 countries. Some of the most popular gardens at the arboretum include:
- Paradise Garden engages all the senses for a genuinely immersive walk.
- Winter Garden, where you can enjoy plants that thrive in the colder months – perfect for visiting the offseason.
- White Garden, where all the plants have white, silver, or gray leaves and foliage. The White Garden was modeled after writer Vita Sackville-West’s white garden at Sissinghurst Castle Garden in Kent, England.
- Finley-Nottingham Rose Garden, where you can enjoy over 200 different kinds of roses.
Try a game of Kubb
If you are looking for something fun to do with the family in Raleigh, try a game of Kubb. Kubb is a deceptively simple lawn game where you knock over wooden blocks by throwing wooden batons at them. It is fun for all ages, and Raleigh is home to a Kubb Club that hosts both championship and non-championship games.
Kubb is an ideal way to spend an afternoon outdoors as you can play it on all kinds of surfaces, including sand, grass, cement, and even snow or ice. Kubb lovers claim it dates all the way back to the Viking Age, and some people even call it Viking Chess.
We are here for flood water removal.
Raleigh is no stranger to floods. In 2020, tropical storm Isaias wreaked havoc across North Carolina, spawning several tornadoes and claiming two lives.
Our trained technicians know that every flood water removal project must begin with:
- An assessment of the situation.
- Thorough water extraction to remove as much flood water as possible.
- Securing your home to mitigate any structural damage risks.
If necessary, we can arrange for your belongings to be stored at our facility while we clean and dry your home – this process is known as a “pack-out.” We log all items and pack them carefully to ensure they arrive back at your home safely when the time comes.
If you need flood water removal in your home, call SERVPRO of North Raleigh & Wake Forest at (919) 790-1222.
Historic Raleigh Bus Tour
Fire and soot cleanup services are not a DIY job. Call the professionals of SERVPRO for the restoration services needed.
A Recurring Bus Tour for People to Enjoy Sights and Learn the History of Raleigh
The City of Raleigh has overcome many challenges since its establishment, including lack of economic enterprise, underdeveloped transportation, and a fire incident that damaged the first statehouse. Significant developments have also happened in the city, including the development of streetcar systems and various higher learning institutions. One great way to learn the city's history is by taking the Raleigh Historic Bus Tour since it combines the narrative with an enjoyable sightseeing experience. The Tobacco Road Tours organizes the tour.
Some of the things you can await during the trip include:
- A two and a half-hour sightseeing session that traces the origins of the city
- An itinerary divided into four sections: the Historic Mordecai Park, the State Capitol, a former 5,000-acre plantation, and a visit to the Raleigh City Market.
- The event is organized weekly, except Sundays.
SERVPRO of North Raleigh & Wake Forest helps homeowners in Raleigh manage fire and soot cleanup processes conveniently. Call us at (919) 790-1222 if there is an incident at your property.
Fieldstream Farm Festival of Lights in Raleigh
Water mitigation needs to start with the help of SERVPRO. They have the certified technicians and experience for the job no matter the size.
Raleigh Residents Can Enjoy Unique Light Displays While Maintaining Social Distance
Decorations, multicultural celebrations, starry lights, and other displays are a staple of festive seasons. However, the safety restrictions imposed to curb the spread of the pandemic virus threaten to curtail the thrill of attending such ceremonies this year. However, there are events designated in a way that overcomes such limitations. The Fieldstream Farm Festival of Lights in Raleigh is one such recurring event that runs up to December 31, 2020. It is a drive-thru Christmas light show that people can enjoy from the relative safety of their vehicles, thus minimizing interaction.
The main aspects of the event include:
- A display of approximately 1 million lights
- A tunnel of lights that features over 200,000 LED lights
- Participants are charged $20 per vehicle. Each vehicle can have 1-8 passengers.
You can enjoy the display every evening starting from 5:30 PM to 9:45 PM. During weekdays, the show starts one hour later at 6:30 PM.
SERVPRO of North Raleigh & Wake Forest helps Raleigh businesses when they need water mitigation resources. Call us at (919) 790-1222 to address any damages.
Local Restoration Service helps Expedite Storm Water Extraction from Raleigh Homes.
Does your property have flood damage from a storm? Call the professionals at SERVPRO for their expertise.
SERVPRO Uses Sophisticated Equipment to Help Raleigh Homeowners Remove Floodwater
Raleigh was set up in 1792 to serve as the permanent seat of the North Carolina state government. Unlike other towns established during the same era, which fulfilled specific economic needs, Raleigh was set up for administrative purposes. While this aspect may seem like a minor difference, it had an impact on the development of the city since there was no dominant force driving the economy, apart from the administrative functions of the government. However, various changes over the years helped turn around the city's fortunes. One of those was the growth of its main retail venue, Fayetteville Street, which became the top commercial center in the eastern part of North Carolina. Several higher learning institutions were also established by 1899, thus supporting the mostly middle-class population even in the absence of manufacturing or other heavy industry, unlike in other cities.
The value of education institutions to the local economy is still high even in the 21st century. When the Research Triangle Park was established in 1959, it created tens of thousands of jobs in technology and science fields, propelling Raleigh to become one of the fastest-growing US communities. According to the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, the top five employers in 2017 -2018 in the city were:
- State of North Carolina
- North Carolina State University
- Wake County Public School System
- UNC Rex Healthcare
The Origins of the Term City of Oaks
You have probably use the term "city of oaks" when referring to Raleigh city without realizing its origins. Although many oak trees line up the streets in the heart of the city, the expression has more to do with the city's establishment than the current flora. A piece of land measuring 1000 acres was purchased to help establish the city. The land was part of an oak forest owned by Joel Lane. Apart from being a plantation owner, Lane was also accomplished in administrative matters since, in 1770, he had petitioned the creation of a new county by the North Carolina General Assembly.
The location of the town was chosen for various reasons, including safety since it is located in a central area, thus shielding it from coastal attacks. Initially, New Bern was the capital of North Carolina. However, the British army laid siege to the port town, so it was no longer viable as a capital. Another cited reason was its proximity to Hunters Tavern, which state legislators frequented at the time. Raleigh was chosen as the name of the new town in honor of Sir Walter Raleigh, who sponsored two attempts to establish English colonies in North America.
Exciting Places to Visit in Raleigh
The booming metropolis offers visitors a big city feel and Southern charm. There is a combination of unique historical and current attractions that visitors can try to get a feel of what the city offers.
- The James B. Hunt Library of the future. The bold, iconic library was established in 2013. It exhibits the preeminence of North Carolina State University as a technological research center. It has a unique architectural design with glass and zigzagging solar fins. Apart from the structure, the facility offers futuristic features, including touchscreen kiosks and a robot that fetches books.
- The Juniper Level Botanic Garden showcases over 27000 exotic, native perennials and unusual tree specimens that you cannot find anywhere else. It covers 28 acres and is open to the public only eight weekends a year. It is famously known as the "Eden of rare plants" by gardeners and researchers worldwide, even though it is not known to some locals.
- The North Carolina State Capitol, which was originally the city's central point before it expanded. The Capitol was originally built in 1796, but a fire destroyed it in 1831. A new building was set up and completed in 1840. The administration still uses the Capitol, but it is open to the public for free tours, events, and education programs.
- The Drive Shack is an interactive golf complex that caters mostly to big groups. It opened in 2019, so it is one of the recent developments in the city. It has 96 golf bays, a rooftop bar, an arcade area, and a full-service restaurant.
The futuristic Amenities in the city keep the progressive tradition of the town alive considering at its establishment, it was one of the few planned cities in the US. The initial city plan was a grid with two main axes intersecting at the central square.
What Strategies Does SERVPRO Utilize for Effective Stormwater Extraction from Raleigh Properties?
Flooding from storms or other extreme weather elements can leave properties in Raleigh inundated. Damage to the structure and contents within is the likely outcome after such an incident unless the correct steps are taken to mitigate the situation. SERVPRO has years of experience in the restoration business and offers homeowners viable solutions to save their properties.
Stormwater extraction differs from regular water removal for various reasons. In most cases, it involves more water compared to water spills. The water is also likely to contain debris or contamination, thus requiring specialized handling. SERVPRO counters these challenges by having the right resources, such as advanced equipment and highly trained staff. On arrival at the affected property, our technicians inspect the situation to establish the right response.
- In case the water contains debris such as silt, mud, or other solids, specialized water extraction equipment such as self-priming trash pumps are necessary to handle the extraction. Our crews have access to various types of self-priming trash pumps that can handle anything from slurry to solids larger than 3 inches.
- The effectiveness of extraction equipment may vary depending on the area covered or the standing water's depth. Our technicians use various equipment, including submersible pumps, truck-mounted water extractors, or high-pressure pumps for convenient removal.
- Wading into contaminated water during extraction can pose health risks. Our crews use PPE's such as rubber boots and bodysuits to protect against such risks.
SERVPRO of North Raleigh & Wake Forest helps with cleanup and stormwater extraction from Raleigh properties. Call us at (919) 790-1222 for fast assistance.
Are You in Raleigh and Want to Learn More about Yoga?
Enjoy a drink with others in the community and get involved with Yoga, while SERVPRO completes mold remediation in your business property.
Come to Clouds Brewing in Raleigh for “Plank n’ Drank Yoga.”
Yoga is increasingly becoming a trendy physical fitness and relaxation activity. This is especially true among Raleigh’s young, fitness-minded professionals. With all this in mind, Clouds Brewing is proud to offer “Plank n’ Drank Yoga,” an activity that offers locals the opportunity to learn about exciting yoga poses like the Adho Mukho Svanasana, Bhujangasana, and Tadasana. After class, to further facilitate relaxation, attendees can have an adult beverage of their choice. This activity takes place every Sunday, through January 24th, 2021, from 12-to-1 PM. The $10 admission fee covers the one-hour yoga class, plus your choice of one of the following drink options:
Modern hectic lifestyles are often quite stressful. They are made even more so by the everyday maintenance issues associated with owning a business. SERVPRO of North Raleigh & Wake Forest understands well how business-related issues can impact your state of mind and is ready to help. So, if you ever need assistance with mold removal and related repairs, call us at (919) 790-1222.